Day 7 – 1 full week of summer blogging
“Come with me,’ Mom says.
To the library.
Books and summertime
― Lisa Schroeder, I Heart You, You Haunt Me
Need a quote to add some life today ….and I might be running out of things to say. Not possible I say. So it’s list time — I am a compulsive list-maker and ignorer, and I prefer to do lists of things I’ve done than that i need to do — the to do list is a little demoralizing for me:
Good things I did today:
1. Made shrimp salad pitas for lunch and Shrimp Ceasar Salad for supper – healthy & cheap!
2. Removed stains from carpet with ammonia/hot water solution I found on Pinterest – truly amazing.
3. Cut out fabric to make 4 pillows – and found my good scissors (took more time than cutting fabric).
4. Listed six things on ebay that I no longer need or want — targeting having 10-15 listing each week over the summer. Then buy curtains with my profits, maybe?? Or 1/10th of Jake’s meal card at college : )
5. Hung 2 loads of clothes on clothes line — free solar drying.
6. Planned a fun zoo trip with a Jamie and our kids — and we both put it on our calendars — on the way to actually happening.
Okay, I have to do something more exciting, less domestic-goddessy tomorrow. Cinebarre $5 movies on Tuesdays or find a great book to read.